NEW TRENDS IN INDUSTRIAL MARKET RESEARCH / EXPLORATION
Many industrial companies often make the following mistakes while performing market research:
1. They assume that their Sales Force understand its markets and customers.
2. They mistake "purchasing behaviour" research with customer research.
3. They outsource market exploration to companies that only bring "data".
4. They use obsolete or ineffective exploration methodologies.
5. They explore their markets from time to time.
At we have developed the Discovery Team© method, which consists in the development of a multidisciplinary team for market exploration by using novel research procedures.
We have worked with numerous customers have implemented a Discovery Team within their companies. They have discovered revolutionary ideas in the market and developed new technical products successfully.
The methodology includes:
1. Training the selected members of the Discovery Team.
2. Selection of customers and customer members for exploration.
3. Interviews and in-situ observation novel techniques.
4. Obtaining insight metrics (performance metrics and design metrics).
5. Techniques for prioritization of ideas and opportunities.
6. Briefing to the rest of the company.